Our Partners – Academic Institutions
Our UKRI Interdisciplinary Circular Economy Centre for Technology Metals – Met4Tech – brings together researchers from the Universities of Exeter, Birmingham, Leicester, Manchester and the British Geological Survey to maximise opportunities around the provision of technology metals from primary and secondary sources, and to promote materials stewardship and responsible innovation, creating a National Technology Metals Circular Economy Roadmap to accelerate us towards a circular economy.
Our Partners – Industry
Collaboration and contributions from our many industry and international partners are essential for this new Centre. We can shape the research to match partner interests and welcome enquiries and discussions.
The scheme does not give direct funding to industry or overseas partners, however SME companies (UK-based) will be able to bid to UKRI for separate funds to take part in the Centre activities. Participation could involve funding a PhD studentship or other research project, providing logistic support, study sites and data on stocks/flows, information about wastes and recycling, results from complementary research projects, hosting study visits and/or secondments, facilitation of events (venue), hosting/organising conferences, attending meetings and workshops, and promoting our work.
Members of Our Independent Advisory Board
Chair: Roderick Eggert
– Deputy Director at Critical Minerals Institute, USA also of Colorado School of Mines
Fiona Charley and Peter Hopkinson
– Co-Directors at Exeter Centre for Circular Economy, CE-Hub (University of Exeter Business School)
– Senior Policy Officer, Circular Economy Team at Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs
– Deputy Policy Director at Green Alliance
– Head of Earth Sciences Department, National History Museum London
– Secretary General of Rare Earth Industry Association
– Senior Portfolio Manager, Circular Economy at Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council
– Board of Directors, Biomimicry Institute
– Senior Programme Manager, NERC
– Coordinator – Raw Materials Unit, Fraunhofer